This page provides information and forms for nominations and elections at the 2018 Synod.
The 2018 Synod will be electing individuals to serve in various leadership positions in our Province during 2018-2022:
- Board of Directors, Board of World Mission – 2 board positions
- Board of Directors, Mission Society – 12 board positions
- Board of Trustees, Moravian Theological Seminary – 2 board positions
- Board of Trustees, Salem Academy and College – 5 board positions
- Board of Directors, Salemtowne – 4 board positions
- Provincial Elders’ Conference* – 3 clergy positions, 3 layperson positions
- Provincial Women’s Board – 10 board positions
*One PEC President will be elected at Synod by ecclesiastical ballot without nomination
Here is a letter from the Synod Nominations Committee which provides an overview.
Information about the boards and agencies may be found in the Committee and Board Election Booklet
The Nominations Committee reviews all candidate information and determines which candidates qualify to become official nominees for the 2018 Synod Elections. An election manual, which includes sample ballots, will be forwarded to all Synod delegates for review in early 2018. The Committee will notify candidates about whether or not they are selected for formal nomination.
Recommendation and Application Process
All are welcome to recommend someone or to apply for nomination for these positions. Recommendations are due no later than Oct. 16, 2017. Applications are due no later than November 13, 2017.
There are two options for making recommendations or applying.
Through an online form.
Through a printed form to be downloaded, completed and delivered either via email or regular mail.
To recommend someone as a candidate for nomination for a Provincial Board or the Provincial Elders’ Conference, use a Provincial Board Candidate Recommendation Form. (Due October 16, 2017.)
- Link to Online Recommendation Form
- Fillable Recommendation Form (to complete, download, and either email or print and mail)
To apply as a candidate for nomination to any of the Provincial Boards EXCEPT Provincial Elders’ Conference, use a Provincial Board Candidate Information Form (Due November 13, 2017).
- Link to Online Provincial Board Candidate Information Form
- Fillable Provincial Board Candidate Information Form (to complete, download, and either email or print and mail)
Those interested in service on the Provincial Elders’ Conference should complete the PEC Candidate Information Form. (Due November 13, 2017).
- Link to Online PEC Candidate Information Form
- Fillable PEC Candidate Information Form (to complete, download, and either email or print and mail)
Please mail printed forms to:
Moravian Church in America, Southern Province
Synod Nominations Committee
459 S. Church Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Please email printed forms as an attachment to: email@example.com
Use the subject line: “Synod Nomination Form”
All candidates must complete a candidate information form and provide a recent photograph.