The Moravian Church in America, Southern Province is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to lead and to reorganize the Provincial Financial Office. The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and valid license as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Five of more years as a financial officer or controller of a company or a not-for-profit organization with a budget of at least $3 million.
- Demonstrated experience in office and staff management.
A detailed job description for this position is available here. Interested candidates should send a cover letter which includes their salary requirements, and a resume to the following e-mail address no later than April 20:
Candidates are asked not to be in direct contact with the Provincial offices via telephone or e-mail, but to use the above e-mail address for all communication about this position and the search and selection process.
Sunday, May 17, 2015 has been designated as a Prayer Day for Star Mountain and Middle East Peace.
- A list of prayer topics has been distributed to pastors and church secretaries for inclusion in prayers during worship services.
- A bulletin insert that provides information about the Moravian work at Star Mountain and the cooperative work of Churches for Middle East Peace is also available.
- Here is a link to a 19-minute video introduction to the ministry of Star Mountain produced by the European Continental Province.
Please join with other Moravians in congregations throughout our Provinces in this special time of prayer.
Interested Northern and Southern Province Moravians are invited to join an informal network to receive news and updates for prayer, education, communication and advocacy. You may sign up here.
Each year our brothers and sisters in the European Continental Province carry on the tradition of selecting Watchwords for the Unity Provinces, Mission Provinces and Unity Undertakings of the Moravian Church.
The Watchword for the worldwide Moravian Unity is:
“Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.” Romans 15:7
The Watchword for our Southern Province is drawn from the Daily Texts for May 9:
“Whom did you dread and fear so that you lied, and did not remember me?” Isaiah 57:11
“Peter remembered what Jesus had said: ‘Before the cock crows, you will deny me three times.’ And he went out and wept bitterly.” Matthew 26:75
We are invited to reflect on these texts throughout this year, and perhaps especially during this season of Lent.